Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Exploring Flickr: What I learned yesterday

I wondered about mash-ups. "What's that?", I asked myself, I learned that In technology, a mashup is a web application that combines data from more than one source into a single integrated tool; an example is the use of cartographic data from Google Maps to add location information to real-estate data, thereby creating a new and distinct web service that was not originally provided by either source.

I found out that it was 3rd party mixing of technology. What I did was to upload a photo of the bridge at the Morikami Gardens , then I was able to place that photo directly onto a map in Boca Raton,Florida.
060
Originally uploaded by lenyabow

With my newly learned technological skill, I was able to add this photo of the bridge to my blog as well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home